SCMBC 2019 Membership Registration is coming soon, please keep checking here or visit our Facebook Page for more information…..
SCMBC was established to build & maintain recreational mountain bike trails for mountain bikers in Simcoe County.
We welcome and encourage all recreational mountain bikers to be involved
and participate in the protection of “your” trails.
SCMBC MISSION STATEMENT
- Create a network of single track mountain bike trails through Simcoe County.
- Establish a network of mountain bikers who will maintain & steward the single track safely and legally.
- Provide safe & exhilarating recreational experiences in a natural setting for all members of SCMBC.
- Work with landowners in Simcoe County to ensure the sustainability of the trail network for future generations.
SCMBC have achieved the following accomplishments to date:
- Stewarded over 100KM of single track trail.
- Legal land use agreements with 3 property owners.
- Approached by local municipalities to build trails on their land.
- Third party liability insurance for land owners.
- 11 corporate sponsors.
- 100% yearly member growth since club inception.
- Has grown to be one of the LARGEST bike clubs in Ontario.
- Won MEC Staff Community grant in 2013 and 2015.
- Won MEC Dirt Search (East) in 2016.
- Built the 1st ever gravity fed flow trail on public property in Ontario.
- Created a volunteer adopt-a-trail program to maintain trails.
- Built over 50km of new trails since inception.
- Host public events yearly (Foundation Poker Run & Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day).
- Weekly club ride and new member trail orientation.
- Interactive trail maps of SCMBC trail systems.
- Trail maps for members and also available for purchase at local bike shops.