When you purchase a SCMBC membership you are giving directly back to the trails by supporting trail building, advocacy, and maintenance. Our memberships are affordable, easy to get online, and come with great benefits. The 2022 membership is valid until March 31, 2023!
By clicking the checkbox at the bottom of this document you will assume certain risks. Please read carefully.
1. This is a binding legal agreement. As a member Simcoe County Mountain Bike Club (hereinafter called SCMBC), the Member and/or the Parent/Guardian of the Member (hereinafter called the Parties), acknowledge and agree to the following terms in relation to use for the Activity of Mountain Biking on SCMBC Trails:
Description of Risks
2. The Member is participating voluntarily in the Activity. In consideration of the Member’s participation in the Activity, the Member hereby acknowledges that they are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with or related to the Activity, and may be exposed to such risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to, injuries from:overusing, exerting and stretching various muscle groups and strenuous cardiovascular workouts; vigorous physical exertion, rapid movements and quick turns and stops; falling to the ground due to slips, trips or uneven, slippery or irregular terrain or surfaces; contact, colliding or being struck by mountain bikes, equipment, trees, other individuals or other fixed objects;failing to participate within one’s abilities, skill and within designated areas; becoming lost or separated from the group or the group becoming split up; failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment; extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or lightning strikes encounters with animals or plants including allergic reactions; other risks normally associated with participation in the Activity.
3. Furthermore, the Parties are aware:
that injuries sustained may be severe, paralyzing or fatal; that the risk of injury increases as the Member becomes fatigued.
4. In consideration of SCMBC accepting the Members application for membership in the Club, the Parties agree SCMBC, and its respective directors, officers, committee members, members, volunteers, participants, agents, private landowners and representatives are not responsible for any injury, personal injury, damage, property damage, expense, loss of income or loss of any kind suffered by the Member during, or as a result of, any of the Activity, caused by the risks, dangers and hazards associated with the Activity on SCMBC trails.
5. The Parties confirm that:
they have been provided sufficient information about Activity and the associated risks and hazards so that they are aware of the effect of this agreement; the Participant agrees to abide by the Rules and Regulations imposed by SCMBC in association with the Activities, and to follow the rules of use on SCMBC trails; and that the participant agrees that they will not escort non-members onto private land that SCMBC trails connect through; and they and all intended members have read this agreement understand it, have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon the Parties, their heirs, executors, administrators and representatives.